It’s been a while and I wanted to change a few things in terms of editing. This is my result: a cover chosen, learned, recorded, mixed, performed, filmed and edited in less than 48 hours, all in one take. Merry Christmas everyone!

Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/maiherrod

Watch my band here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZs_v1yeD_TVKzolsx8CM_w

—————————————–

Tunning: B F# D G B E
Software: Cubase Elements 8 & Adobe Premiere Pro
Camera(s): Nikon D3300
Guitar recording: Line 6 PodHD300

KARNIVOOL – FEAR OF THE SKY ~ GUITAR COVER

Vote This Post DownVote This Post Up (+32 rating, 16 votes)
Views 182
likes
Dislikes
#bondi
#BondiBeach

KARNIVOOL – FEAR OF THE SKY ~ GUITAR COVER

1. Schmööörp on 26/12/2017 at 3:26 am

Nice! My favourite song from Themata 🙂 I really like your covers .. keep it up! 🙂

• Tetxu on 26/12/2017 at 8:37 am

Thanks! I’m glad to read that 😉

2. OrionthyHunter on 02/01/2018 at 6:44 pm

Hi I’m looking to start uploading my own guitar covers. Do you run your guitar signal straight into the POD and into your computer or do you have the signal run through an amp first?

• Tetxu on 02/01/2018 at 7:37 pm

Hi! I don’t use any amps. I simply plug my guitar into the POD and send the signal via USB to the pc 😉

• OrionthyHunter on 02/01/2018 at 9:07 pm

And in a previous video, you mentioned you had to tune up to B because of sound issues. Was this because of the POD or because your guitar had difficulty with the low tuning? I use D, C, B and A tunings a lot

• Tetxu on 03/01/2018 at 3:31 pm

Well, I usually try to change the tunning of my guitars with the pitch shifter that’s in the POD whenever it’s possible, but in this case I didn’t like the sound at that low key (for me it sounded too robotic). Instead I decided to change the key of the song, despite of the weird high vocal notes. The POD works really well and I guess that depends on what you like hearing. I’ve recently filmed a new cover and used a guitar in drop D pitched into drop C, it worked really well.

If you’re asking about possible POD issues, the only disadvantage that I’ve found is that you’ll always hear a weird sound right before and after you hit a note with your instrument, even if you’re playing live through an amp. Since I don’t have an external sound card, I don’t know if that issue still happens. If you have an external SC and a POD, let me know if this is happening to you as well!

• OrionthyHunter on 08/01/2018 at 1:57 am

Thanks for all the info! I’m still doing research on what to spend money on but if I go with a POD I’ll definitely let you know if I hear that sound

3. Dztronic on 14/01/2018 at 4:51 am

My fave track of the album. You nailed it. Good work

4. Herz Musik on 26/01/2018 at 3:35 pm

wtf Karnivool & Tool covers, you rock! keep making progress editing, you are doing pretty good! pd: deadman esta muy guapa (me juego lo que sea a que eres española) m/ pd2: deja de copiarme xD